In a business acquisition transaction remember:
Price is what you pay, Value is what you get.
Effective due diligence is critical because of the significant value of time and money involved in buying a business, the quality of financial information can vary significantly and the brevity of information provided.
Our due diligence process focuses more than just on the mechanical checking of the numbers but delves into the businesses' intangible value examining its value drivers, risks, growth prospects, among others.
Engagements in which Barry and Charles have participated, include:
- Buyer due diligence in relation to the acquisition of a building and maintenance services business by two joint partners.
- Pre-due diligence review for the owners of an explosives and rock-on-ground contracting company in relation to the possible sale of all or part of the business to a large listed Australian company.
- Valuation and due diligence services provided in relation to the purchase of two retirement villages by an existing retirement village operator.
- Valuation of an aged care business for the directors of a public company pursuant to a possible sale of the aged care division as part of their due diligence
- Due diligence paid for by the vendor to assist the buyer in the due diligence process in relation to the sale of forest estates by a large forestry company.